Principles and Application of Microbial Fermentation
Learn how to use micro-organisms to produce fermented foods, and how to handle them in the laboratory, as well as the basic principles of biological sequence analysis.
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Outline the uses of microorganisms in the production of fermented foods, beverages and other related products
- Apply appropriate techniques to isolate and safely handle microorganisms from fermented foods
- Use microorganisms and appropriate technology to produce ferment foods
- Communicate scientific results
- Use an online sequence classification tool to identify strains or genes.
Professor Stephen On
Associate Dean of Research
Department of Food, Wine and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]