Principles of Urban Property Management
You’ll be given an insight into what life is like for a property management professional and the common and strategic best practice approaches to the management of urban investment property.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the different roles and fundamental principles of property management and the major events in the historical development of property management as a profession.
- Identify important components and types of leases, define common property management terms and apply the principles and practices involved in apportioning operating expenses.
- Develop and refine property management strategies and budgets appropriate to the external and internal environment and incorporate these into a Strategic Property Management Plan.
- Develop solutions to a range of typical property management issues covered in the course for example; legislative compliance, insurance, tenant selection and information systems control.
- Understand the Impact of property management on property investment performance.
Associate Professor John McDonagh
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]