You’ll learn about consumer-centric design by experiencing the process of developing and refining a product concept.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Appreciate the strategic importance of product design in ensuring the health of the firm.
- Infer product design opportunities from assessing shifts in the macro-environment and changes in consumer needs.
- Outline the flow of product design processes and activities.
- Discover a variety of ways to design and evaluate product concepts
- Know the types of protection available to safeguard intellectual property rights.
- Apply industrial design techniques to increase the value of a product concept.
- Communicate a product concept orally, textually, and graphically.
- Prioritise designing for the environment and Life Cycle Assessment as part of a designer’s professional responsibilities.
Dr Lei Cong
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]