Professional Studies in Sport and Recreation
You’ll be introduced to leadership, management and work practices in the sport and recreation sectors.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- List and describe key roles and responsibilities of leaders and managers in the sport and recreation sectors and be able to identify organisations and their activities by sector and type.
- Identify the professional skills, attitudes and behaviours associated with effective organisations, managers and staff in the sport and recreation sectors.
- Describe best practice in the workplace including obligations towards health and safety in the workplace including those specific to the sport and recreation sectors.
- Produce a plan that allows students to develop professionally in the workplace.
- Display the personal and inter-personal skills needed to build a foundation for further studies and employment in the disciplines of sport and recreation.
- Demonstrate their skills in personal and time management, organising and activity planning.
Dr Catherine Elliot
Department of Tourism, Sport and Society[email protected]