You’ll learn the mechanics of property development, an analysis of the procedures and responsibilities.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the different types of developer and explain their differing management structures and goals pertaining to property development.
- Describe the property development process and illustrate it with appropriate models.
- Recognise and explain the different roles of the various participants in the property development process.
- Outline the roles of the public sector in the property development process in terms of regulation and facilitation.
- Understand and apply the process of “Due Diligence” when selecting a site for potential development.
- Identify feasible development options from the evaluation of physical, economic, social, political and psychological elements and trends.
- Use appropriate financial analysis to test the feasibility of potential property development opportunities.
- Evaluate the risk attached to a property development proposal and formulate strategies to manage this risk.
- Prepare a loan proposal for a property development that would meet the requirements of a commercial lender.
- Evaluate the “Highest and Best Use” of a property.
Professor Graham Squires
Professor of Property Studies
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]