Property Investment & Portfolio Analysis
You’ll grow your knowledge of individual property investments and property investment portfolios from both a financial and strategic point of view.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Be aware of the importance of market knowledge through monitoring of the local property market, new developments, the listed property vehicles and where possible, networking with property practitioners.
- Be fully conversant with the investment characteristics of the main commercial investment property types.
- Recognise types of risk and be aware of methods to identify, eliminate, reduce and transfer risk in a property investment context.
- Identify current issues and trends relating to property investment.
- Understand the principles, benefits and limitations of applying Modern Portfolio Theory to property investment portfolios.
- Know financial investment analysis techniques.
- Be familiar with the issues that banks asses when considering commercial property investment loans.
- Apply financial investment analysis techniques and financial models.
- Judge the relative strengths and weaknesses of financial investments.
- Develop a property portfolio investment strategy.
Dr David Dyason
Department of Land Management and Systemsdavid.email@example.com