You’ll consider the definition and context of Aotearoa-New Zealand law relating to property.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Know concepts and historical development of legal ownership, rights and interests in land and property.
- Appreciate of the impact of legal precedent, case law and legislation as it applies to land and property.
- Understand how legal rights in land and property can be created and modified by the parties involved.
- Use and navigate online legal databases to discover and understand the law relating to land and property.
- Read and interpret cases, legislation and regulations and extract their meaning and intent.
- Recognise common legal issues, concepts, and mechanisms for protecting, documenting and registering interests in land and property.
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]