This course is a critical examination of information derived from a literature review of a specific topic, along with the research implications of your review.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the differences in reliability of information published across a range of sources.
- Identify where gaps exist in current literature for a topic area.
- Identify linkages and commonalities between information from different sources.
- Conduct independent library and literature searches in your chosen topic.
- Collate and prioritise information and data relating to your topic area, then compile a reference list.
- Present a systematically derived critical review of a selected topic.
- Understand and contextualise information published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Learn the importance and value of accurately citing other people’s work.
Dr Luca Serventi
Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]