Research Methods and Communication
*This course is not currently being offered in 2023.
You’ll get to grips with the key elements of research undertaken to solve water resource management problems and the communication of information to support policy and management decisions.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Water Resource Mgmt(ET), 7608
your Academic Program is PD.Water Resource Management, 6609
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Assess the credibility of information from various sources.
- Formulate a hypothesis or research question for an environmental or resource management problem.
- Undertake comprehensive, targeted literature reviews to underpin a research design.
- Design a viable research programme and prepare a standard research proposal.
- Recognise and be able to use ethical, safe, rigorous research methods.
- Prepare information for a range of audiences including the public, a client, decision makers and other researchers, and communicate this effectively.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]