Research Methods in Ecology
This course introduces you to the research methodologies applied to ecological issues, including analysis, interpretation and communication of findings.
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain and apply basic biometric techniques.
- Develop a client-based research project structured using the principles of scientific method.
- Communicate research findings to clients and peers through effective written and oral presentation formats.
- Discuss the theory of research programme development and evaluation.
- Compile a scientific blog entry.
- Accurately obtain information from library databases.
- Discuss the philosophy of biology.
- Convincingly explain the ethics of science research and communication.
Associate Professor Adrian Paterson
Head of Department
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]