Research Methods in Ecology
This course introduces you to the research methodologies applied to ecological issues, including analysis, interpretation and communication of findings.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain and apply basic biometric techniques.
- Develop a client-based research project structured using the principles of scientific method.
- Communicate research findings to clients and peers through effective written and oral presentation formats.
- Discuss the theory of research programme development and evaluation.
- Compile a scientific blog entry.
- Accurately obtain information from library databases.
- Discuss the philosophy of biology.
- Convincingly explain the ethics of science research and communication.
Associate Professor Adrian Paterson
Head of Department
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]