You’ll cultivate your knowledge of social science research methods including qualitative and quantitative methods with an emphasis on the design, implementation and analysis of survey research, interviewing and the ethics of social science research.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define and describe terms associated with social science research.
- Critically evaluate research literature.
- Choose, conceptualise and design a research project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of some of the ethical and political considerations in social science research.
- Design and implement appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methodologies for specific research projects.
- Execute basic data analysis.
- Present research results in an appropriate form.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the contributions of social science research in contemporary society.
- Work collaboratively as part of a project team.
Dr Gebeyaw Degarege
Faculty of Environment, Society and Designgebeyaw.firstname.lastname@example.org