You’ll study the principles and practices of crop management for agricultural and vegetable seed crops and be introduced to seed quality assurance and post-harvest seed technologies.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise quality seed production, processing, storage and assessment, with emphasis on the management of seed supplies.
- Identify the different stages of seed development and understand the key physiological processes involved in germination and dormancy.
- Analyse the relationships among seed yield components, explain why potential and actual yields differ and critically review management of selected seed crops.
- Describe the processes through which seed passes from harvest to storage and evaluate the effects of these processes on seed quality.
- Explore current issues in the marketing, distribution and grower use of quality seed.
Bio-Protection Research Centre[email protected]