Sensory Science and Techniques
You’ll look at the sensory analysis procedures in evaluating the quality of food, beverage and packaging stimuli and how we interpret consumer acceptability and preferences of these products.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Science in Food Innovation, 7655
your Academic Program is PD.Applied Science, 6671
your Academic Program is M.Wine and Viticulture, 7065
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize and differentiate the physiological and psychological factors that affect the sensory analysis of foods, beverages, and packaging.
- Critically apply the appropriate scaling procedures used in the sensory evaluation of foods, beverages, and packaging.
- Evaluate and describe the benefits, disadvantages, mechanisms, and mode of actions of the different sensory analysis methods (discriminative, descriptive, and consumer) with relation to the perception of foods, beverages, and packaging.
- Formulate research design solutions to solve problems related to the sensory evaluation of foods, beverages, and packaging.
- Systematically collect, synthesize and interpret scientific data used for the sensory analysis of foods, beverages, and packaging.
Dr Damir Torrico
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]