Society, Culture and Environment
You’ll analyse how society and the environment are shaped by various societal and global understandings and processes.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain a range of contemporary social theories that attempt to describe the workings of society.
- Describe how gender, race/ethnicity, and social class are affected by and can affect the workings of society.
- Critically discuss how society and the environment are altering as a result of the move towards an increasingly global and digital society.
- Apply simple theoretical concepts to societal and environmental examples.
- Compare different perspectives on society and the environment.
- Place a high value on critical thinking.
- Acknowledge the importance of the consideration of multiple perspectives on societal and environmental issues.
Professor Roslyn Kerr
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]