You’ll grow your knowledge of the theory and practice of soil management.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the basic methods of soil and plant analysis and their interpretation.
- Compare the properties and effects of different fertilisers and organic manures on plant yield and crop quality.
- Determine basic fertiliser requirements of pastures and crops.
- Explain the basic principles of soil water flow, yield-water relationships, irrigation scheduling and drainage.
- Evaluate the effects of cultivation on soil physical conditions and to compare the methods available to alleviate physical problems.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]