You’ll grow your knowledge of the theory and practice of soil management.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the basic methods of soil and plant analysis and their interpretation.
- Compare the properties and effects of different fertilisers and organic manures on plant yield and crop quality.
- Determine basic fertiliser requirements of pastures and crops.
- Explain the basic principles of soil water flow, yield-water relationships, irrigation scheduling and drainage.
- Evaluate the effects of cultivation on soil physical conditions and to compare the methods available to alleviate physical problems.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]