Sport and Recreation Management
You’ll explore the application of management principles that are unique to sport and recreation management and their impact at a local, national and international level.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Analyse the sport and recreation environment and critique strategic planning processes in the management of sport and recreation.
- Understand the unique aspects of managing in sport and recreation.
- Recognise the elements of effective sport and recreation governance.
- Critique the sources of funding for sport and recreation and outline the principles of financial management applied to this sector.
- Outline the role of marketing and sponsorship in sport and recreation management.
- Reflect on how professional sport is managed.
- Review successful sport systems.
- Analyse facility management processes.
- Critique the role of sport and recreation development in enhancing the lives of individuals, groups and communities.
- Understand the role of human resource management process in sport and recreation organisations.
- Take stock of the interconnection between volunteers and paid staff in sport and recreation organisations
Faculty of Environment, Society and Designpeter.firstname.lastname@example.org