Sport and Society
You’ll examine the relationships between changes in sport and changes in society and the role sport plays in contemporary society.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain a range of theories that underpin the workings of sport internationally and in New Zealand.
- Critically discuss some of the key issues debated in sport.
- Apply theory to explain the workings of sport.
- Describe and analyse theoretical arguments about sport and society through clear writing, debate and discussion.
- Think critically about the relationship between sport and society.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]