You’ll gain insight to creating more sustainable futures from overview of concepts and practices of sustainability.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||November Summer School 2022 Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Chronicle the evolution of the concept of sustainability, including key historical events, institutions and documents.
- Describe different personal, social, economic and scientific approaches to improving sustainability.
- Detail the causes, impacts, perspectives and solutions to selected sustainability issues.
- Give a run-down of current tools, methods and approaches to achieving a sustainable future.
- Discuss issues surrounding the application of sustainability practices to enterprises.
- Describe how personal and collective actions and decisions can have impact on sustainability
- Think critically about sustainability issues and communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats about selected sustainability issues.
- Apply some established strategies, methods and tools to addressing sustainability issues.
- Analyse information about sustainability, critically evaluate that knowledge and put the knowledge into an appropriate and future-focused context.
- Bring interdisciplinary perspectives to understanding the challenges in improving sustainability.
Dr Christopher Rosin
Department of Tourism, Sport and Society[email protected]