Te Kaitiakitaka (Māori Environmental Management)
You’ll analyse the relationship between the Treaty of Waitangi and environmental management in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the history of Māori environmental management in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Debate the role of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi and legislation for modern environmental management, policy-making and governance.
- Describe the diversity and experiences of modern Māori environmental practices.
- Work effectively in the bi-cultural contexts of contemporary environmental management in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Effectively engage with the values, systems, and practices that exist within Māori organisations.
- Research Māori environmental issues using appropriate research methodologies, conceptual frameworks and approaches.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]