Te Pia I
You’ll grow your understanding of Te Reo Māori language; listening, speaking, reading, writing and comprehension.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Draw on your understanding of basic te reo Māori to convey relevant information orally
- Identify and respond to Māori culture consistent with basic tikanga
- Recognise the context of te reo Māori on the marae.
- Use basic te reo Māori for practical communication.
- Speak basic te reo Māori in Māori cultural contexts.
- Pronounce correctly the vowels, consonants, digraphs and diphthongs of the Māori alphabet.
- Participate with comfort on the marae and understand its different functions.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]