You’ll analyse tourism systems and their major economic, physical and social impacts and the management and policy decisions to achieve sustainable tourism development.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Acknowledge the factors involved in the evolution of tourism destination areas.
- Understand the tensions inherent in using tourism as a development tool.
- Critically evaluate contemporary issues /debates in tourism planning and consumption.
- Demonstrate advanced literature search, recovery and assessment skills.
- Present and lead discussion.
- Constructively express critical thought.
- Be open to new perspectives, and world views.
Dr Gebeyaw Degarege
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]