You’ll acquire the basic principles of vine structure, growth and development in relation to the environment for quality wine production.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the morphology, development and growth of grapevines including the maturation of grape berries.
- Explain how key environmental factors influence growth and development of the grapevine.
- Identify and describe important pests and diseases and key control strategies.
- Describe the factors involved in vineyard structures and establishment.
- Outline cultural management practices in relation to vine growth.
- Demonstrate management decisions; leaf removal, crop removal and harvest decisions - based on scientific assessment of the vine canopy, yield and berry composition measurements.
- Collate, analyse, interpret and report on data.
- Collect, critically evaluate and review information.
- Co-operate with colleagues, competence in teamwork.
Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]