Wine Chemistry and Technology
You’ll explore the theory and principles of physical, chemical and enzymatic changes in musts and wines and look at what controls wine compositions, as well as world trends in wines.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and explain aspects of the production of wine including methods used in wine analysis wine acidity and its manipulation
- Recognise the volatile composition and concepts of aroma
- Understand extraction, modification and sensory importance of wine phenolics
- Be familiar with microbiology and effects on wine composition
- Recognise current technologies of wine manipulation
- Able to accurately and reproducibly carry out relevant analyses of wine samples
- Fully and properly record laboratory work and present this in an appropriate form.
Leandro Dias Araujo
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]