LIC Patrick Shannon Scholarship Programme
Livestock Improvement Corporation (LIC) is a premier supplier of improved germplasm, herd testing and herd information management services to New Zealand dairy farmers.
LIC is keen to contribute to ensuring that a pool of suitably qualified quantitative geneticists/bio-informaticians and animal scientists will be available in the future. For that purpose, they want to encourage current Honours and Masters students of mathematics, statistics and/or bio-informatics to consider a higher degree with an emphasis on genetics or a related animal science field, possibly resulting in a career with LIC.
The LIC Patrick Shannon Scholarship for the 2022 academic year offers Honours and Masterate scholarships.
- Signal the value of high-level academic skills in the mathematics and science disciplines and demonstrate their importance to the future of LIC and the New Zealand dairy industry.
- Assist in focusing research on areas such as bio-informatics, to help create the knowledge growth required in LIC’s Research and Development Group in the future.
- Encourage stronger university/LIC linkages by providing incentives to education providers to actively seek stronger alliances with LIC.
- Increase the supply of highly trained graduates in the area of quantitative genetics, bio-informatics and animal science.
- Develop a career with LIC.
For more information, visit Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd.
28 November - extended to 10 December
- Available to New Zealand citizens or permanent residents