Advanced Resource Management and Planning Law
You’ll examine topical aspects of the law related to resource management and planning in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and explain the RMA and the Local Government Act (LGA) (specifically including policy, plan–making, by-law and resource consent provisions and their operation.)
- Detail the sources of New Zealand law, and its evolution over the period since 1990.
- Explain the relationship between the RMA and other resource management and planning legislation, including the Local Government Act and legislation specific to Canterbury.
- Prepare and present expert evidence at a formal hearing or as advice to a client or employer.
- Analyse legislation for points relevant to planning activities.
- Review case law for the aspects relevant to decision-making in planning and environmental management activities.
- Locate and use standard tools for obtaining case law and legislation.
Department of Environmental Managementhamish.firstname.lastname@example.org