Principles of Business Management
A study in the theory and practice of managing business activities in the context of global value chains.
This course is offered in term 2, term 4 and January Summer School. It is also available online as part of the Postgraduate Certificate in Commerce, Master of Business (Global Management and Marketing) and Master of Wine and Viticulture programmes.
|Available semesters||November Summer School 2023 Semester 1 2024 Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the functions of management and describe how changing environments influence the nature of organisations.
- Recognise the role of ethics and determine differences between management and leadership.
- Understand the different types of business strategies and structures that help organisations achieve a competitive advantage.
- Recognise different types of teams, their characteristics and the role of communication .
- Explain why innovation matters to organisations and how to implement effective change.
- Identify the role and importance of cultural differences and diversity in organisations.
Associate Professor Mark Wilson
Department of Global Value Chains and Trademark.email@example.com