Principles of Business Management
A study in the theory and practice of managing business activities in the context of global value chains.
This course is offered in term 2, term 4 and January summer school. See specific dates here.
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2022 Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the functions of management and describe how changing environments influence the nature of organisations.
- Recognise the role of ethics and determine differences between management and leadership.
- Understand the different types of business strategies and structures that help organisations achieve a competitive advantage.
- Recognise different types of teams, their characteristics and the role of communication .
- Explain why innovation matters to organisations and how to implement effective change.
- Identify the role and importance of cultural differences and diversity in organisations.
Dr Hafsa Ahmed
Department of Global Value Chains and Trade[email protected]