Principles of Managerial Economics
An introduction to the theory and practice of decision-making based on the principles of economics. Study includes the structure of markets and relationships between business enterprise and the environment, other companies, customers and employees.
This course is offered in term 2, term 4 and January summer school. See specific dates here.
|Available semesters||January Summer School 2023 Semester 1 2023 Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Clearly explain the key theories and principles underpinning the discipline of economics.
- Explain the role that economics plays in business and society.
- Describe the contribution that economics makes to the creation of global value chains.
- Generate solutions to complex business problems using economic principles.
- Use critical thinking to analyse real world business decisions.
- Display a heightened ethical awareness of the social impacts of economic thinking.
Associate Professor Wanglin Ma
Department of Global Value Chains and Trade[email protected]