Australian Students

If you’re a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, you will pay the same fees as New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

By paying domestic fees in New Zealand, you'll make considerable savings on your student fees. 

How to apply

  • It's easy to apply - an ATAR score of at least 69.6 is all you need for admission to our bachelor degrees.
  • If your score is a little lower, then we would love to talk to you about our pathway programmes.
  • Already studying at an Australian university? We can help you transfer your credit to your Lincoln degree. See Application for Assessment of Credit.
  • Are you studying at a TAFE college? If you have successfully completed a year of study, we would love to talk to you.

Medical and travel insurance

Not all Australian students are eligible for free health care in New Zealand.

To qualify for publicly-funded health care, you need to:

  • Have been (or intend to be) primarily resident in New Zealand for two years or more. If you’re in this group, you receive the same health care as New Zealanders.
  • Have been (or intend to be) resident in New Zealand for less than two years. If you’re in this group, you receive publicly-funded health care for immediately necessary medical treatment but you’ll have to pay for all other primary health care.
  • We strongly suggest that you take out our recommended Medical and Travel Insurance. This covers you for issues other than health care.
  • Review compulsory insurance information here.
  • Australian students who choose not to take the recommended Travel and Medical Insurance are required to sign a waiver.