Topics in Oenology A
Examining the principles of winemaking, the chemical and physical properties of juice and wine, wine processing and storage, together with the chemical and sensory analysis of wines.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and explain the following aspects relevant to the production of wine at an advanced level:
- Specific and distinctive wine styles: not fortified
- Specific and distinctive wine styles: fortified
- Aroma and flavour
- Oak and cooperage
- Organic winemaking
- Wine faults
- Identify where gaps exist in the current literature for a topic area.
- Undertake independent library and literature searches on a chosen topic.
- Compile a reference list then collate information and data in each topic.
- Complete a systematic, critical review of each topic.
- Be able to understand and contextualise information published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Explain and respond to questions from peers.
- Appropriately recognise the importance of citing other people's work.
Leandro Dias Araujo
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]